Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madburnz View Post
Thanks all for your responses. While i was not looking to spend any dollars on my car right now, I have read about the GTS DCT software and it does sound like it would resolve the two things I don't like about the transmission, which is the slow engagement of reverse and of course the seat-belt issue. I will reach out to one of the vendors here to confirm the seat-belt issue can be eliminated, as that is my biggest annoyance with the car.

I am picking the car up later today and will try to figure out which pulley the previous owner installed. I really want to keep the car stock so perhaps switching back to the OEM pulley or another pulley that can utilize the OEM belts would be the way to go.

The car has 36K miles on it - do the belts really only last that long? The dealer said they looked bad and needed replacing...
Belts are affected by climate as well as slip wear. Replacing them requires just removal of the electric fan unit and sockets. In Massachusetts, I would imagine the extreme cold season, combined with a humid hot season, can take its toll on the belts.