View Single Post
      09-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

^^^ yea, usually the kit lenses arent too special, but on most flagship cameras the supplied lens is really good. For canon I know that the "L" series lenses are the best Canon offers and that cameras like the 1d and the 5d come with an L series lens, its just up to you to decide what focal range best suites you from that point on. I personally just sold the lens that came with my camera and finally worked up the cash to buy an L series lens from canon (17-40) so im really really happy about that. And just like dmuniz said, you can carry your lenses on from camera body to camera body (of the same brand of course). I dont know what Nikon's equalivalent of the canon L series lenses would be (by that i mean that im not sure what line of lenses is nikons best) but find out and start saving for one. They are not only sharp as ever, but these top notch lenses are also pretty durable.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0