09-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #36
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I disagree. My first mod on ANY BMW I have ever owned has been software. This is even pre air-filter. The stock programming leaves a lot to be desired in smoothness and power delivery.

The midrange torque gains and other features that software offers make it totally worth it. My car feels completely different before tune than it does afterward. I'm pretty confident that my clients can attest to the same feeling after driving their car post tune.

Aside from the actual power and torque gained, there are many other features performance software offers that make having the car a more thoroughly enjoyable experience. But, each to his own!
I agree with you Mike, I did the Evolve tune and I can tell a difference. I like a louder exhaust but the wife hated the cold start and complained about it all the time. I put the tune in and did not tell her, she noticed it first start that it was quiet.
As far as the tune, noticable difference in the midrange, my tires are about gone and I know how hard I can get into it in first before it will break loose. With the tune it will rev much faster and first gear is almost undriveable now. Not sure if the people that say it is not worth it just have never had a good tune or what but to me I got in on the group buy and it is money well spent.
That was stage 1, I then went to stage 2 and it feels like the gain from stock to 1 is the same gain from 1 to 2. I am rambling but bottom line is I think it is a great addition to the car.