View Single Post
      09-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #407
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by elh0102 View Post
I have a set of 275/35-18 PSS on my car now, and have driven the Sport Cup also. But I'm not sure I can answer your question. The SC has more grip and stiffer sidewalls, period. So, if you push the car hard enough in street driving, then no, the PSS is not comparable. But if you drive in any manner I would consider approporiate on public roads, then yes, the PSS is comparable, more comfortable, and will last much longer.
Thanks for the answer. Well I don't drive like I need the Cups on, but for example when you shift at high rpm 1-2 or even 2-3 there's a little too much wheelspin on the PS2 for my liking. I think the regular Sport Cup is stiffer and stickier than the + version for BMW, but it sounds like it's still a very noticeable difference to the PSS.

I've had my car for 3 years and almost 10 months now, fishtailing when you just want to accelerate quickly has worn off, it's only fun when you want it... I guess I just got used to a lot more grip without the car trying to oversteer (as much) when exiting the turn.