View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #672
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
Rep
Drives: Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
hehe prepare for a rude surprise when you get to Buttonwillow. The pavement doesn't even hold a candle to the pavement at Laguna Seca or even Sonoma Raceway. I like to call the pavement there a "patchwork quilt" because that's what it's looks like from all the interim repairs. Don't get me wrong; I love the place---in fact, I consider it my "home" track. But it's nothing short of a rude surprise to guys who are used to nicely paved tracks. The course itself is quite fun.

If you go to Buttonwillow, go in the late fall/winter. We'll just be starting to see a break in the nasty temperatures in the next few weeks.
+1 If you want the nicely paved track like you have at Laguna Seca then Chuckwalla is the place to go (I haven't go yet but will hit up the San Diego PCA event on Oct 19th/20th at $270 for 2-days it's a good deal for a DE/TT event). You stay in Palm Springs or Indio (leave the wife at a nice hotel/day spa while you hit the track) since the track is in the middle of nowhere. Should be in the low 80s out there by then. Both Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla are technical tracks with few walls and a lot of runoff into dirt.
Appreciate 0