View Single Post
      04-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #85
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
...This post is just so "Bruce". I'm glad you understand me, I just don't like the broad generalizations...

"Beating up on the Merc" - Don't mistake facts with a beating. You can't go around dropping statements like a C63 is a better daily driver than an M3. It's just a one sided statement that fails to yield to the whole backbone of a "daily driver" title which is purely economical.

Obviously, nobody buys a c63 or an M3 to be economical, as such, nobody should argue the point as it is subjective; but if you were, from a purely numbers perspective, an M3 would be cheaper to own.
I gave you my context of what makes a better daily driver, and you gave me yours.

So, you're saying that I must in fact adhere to your definition of a daily driver, the backbone of which is economy?

Huh.

I am reminded of the flea, floating down the river on a leaf, in an (ahem) excited condition, shouting for the bridge to open.

Give me a break. I am not suggesting that your definition is incorrect. It's just a different definition, in a different context than mine. In the context of your definition, neither car could remotely be considered as a daily driver.

Bruce
Appreciate 0