View Single Post
      09-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #25
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchM3dreamer View Post
may I suggest going north on Hwy 1 if you have time? it's pretty damn awesome there too... a little longer, but great scenery too...
Pfft, real men do the Duffey Lake Rd (Hwy 99) all the way up to the end then loop down through Cache Creek or Spences Bridge :P The pavement is rubbish (frost heaves ) but it's ranked DH3 for a reason Our club have done the canyon (Hwy 1) one year; I keep rolling the windows down every time we hit these tunnels and go through them full-throttle.... Ended up using twice as much gas as everyone else :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunacanuck View Post
Great job!

I forget how good some of our roads are...grew up in Penticton, there all the time.

I will get the book!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack View Post
Wow, nice trip. I live in Penticton. That highway in Osoyoos is a blast to drive on the way up
Well, I've shown you the 3 routes in your area, complete with Google Maps. Make a day trip out of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong1989 View Post
omg, Im glad to see you take your car out for a nice drive like that. I see your car at Landsdowne when I go to school almost everyday. Glad to see the car getting driven. You a big fan of topgear?
Yep, that's me. That's where I work. Oh yeah, the car is getting driven alright, it's too awesome not to drive it BTW if Ben Collins WAS The Stig, who IS The Stig? Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooowowizstev View Post
Wow, really wish I could do something like this. Would be a blast with a bunch of friends. nice plate btw.
I thought it was a bit long (1750km or around 1100mi) for "normal" people so I went myself :P Still, if anybody wants to go again sometime next year.... BTW, you have the right car, what's stopping you from taking a trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pOrcupine View Post
I wish I could afford to live in Vancouver, it is arguably one of the most beautiful (in my mind it is) and most expensive places (to live) in North America. The wife and I take annual trips there and always talk about moving there someday.

Great pictures!!!!
Yeah, but notice how all those pictures weren't taken in Vancouver We do have a pretty awesome backyard though. Though, if you like these drives, may I suggest Kelowna instead?

Last edited by Veritable; 09-09-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0