04-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #42
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Rodeo View Post

As a single guy in my late twenties: when do you ever "have no responsibilities except enjoying life?" Unless you are completely bankrolled by someone else whatever income you have has to go to rent, tuition, food, dating, investing, traveling, insurance, clothes, etc. all of which add up to far more than a fancy car payment. A M3 is a suitable purchase for someone who makes 200K before tax and still has responsibilities, even if single.
Sorry if I didn't go into detail enough, but some of the stuff was mentioned previously. Hopefully this will make my statement make more sense:

Some things mentioned are really dependent on the person.
Tuition: I didn't mention it cause he said he had it paid off. (for me, I had a full scholarship ride so I never had to worry about tuition)
Rent: Already mentioned previously that he can cover it
Food/dating/traveling/nice clothes: all part of enjoying life.
investing: already mentioned

When I said no responsibilities, I meant no responsibilties to anyone else. Meaning, you live for yourself, make money for yourself, and do what you do to enjoy yourself. With no need to pay for a wife, kids, parents (since, when you're in your 20s, your parents are generally young enough to not be retired yet). Yes, having a girlfriend has it's expenses, but in this day and age, especially with "feminism" getting a strong hold, that's becoming a cheaper and cheaper expense; regardless, paying for a gf/dating is part of "enjoying life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_DCT View Post
honest with ourselves, if we were making car buying decisions based solely on economics, none of us would be on here.
I want to quote and save this; perfect truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahzari View Post
Oh and Evos have that whole Paul-Walker-vibe but M3s have this weird White-Car-Yellow-Brakes-Asian-Vibe; it's all about who can stance the best reverse entry parking spot.
Unfortunately, most M3 drivers are now, what some like to call: "Hard parkers"
People who throw money at the car, yet only stare at it...
Brembos, JRZs, Aeros, TE37SLs with R-comps etc etc... and they never see a race track :/, all they see is the occasional exposure at meets

Last edited by persian54; 04-13-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0