United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
My point is this. When I come to a forum to read supjects about e90, e92 I like to read all that applies without wondering where things might be categorized. For example. I posted a new post about my new 19” wheels under the General e90 Sedan etc forum, the moderator who moved it moved it to the Photo/Video/Media Gallery. I wonder how many 335i owners would think to look there if they were looking for comments about my new Miro CSL Replica wheels.

I know I wouldn’t So my point is this. I also posted this same post on Bimmerfest under the General e90 post and it’s still there along with other reports about wheels, questions about speakers, video of a 330i racing all things that apply to the e90. Here it like a librarian trying to file each post in some chronological order that most don’t understand. All of these above topics were moved to other places, who knows where.

Again what difference does it make if someone asks about speakers or wants to show a u tube video or talks about wheels in the general forum, after all these are all general discussions about the e90.

Does anyone who also has an account on Bimmerfest find it just one big blob of information? I find it very easy to stay up with the General conversations. I rarely look under the other sections here or on Bimmerfest. I am looking for General info about my e90.
I guess I could see your point...but when all is said and done..So what?
If someone is looking to find out about MIRO CSL Reps, they do a search. Same way you would do a search on google or wikipedia, different places for different things.

You may not know of these sites but; take IGN or Digg for example IGN has different pages for different topics (games, movies, tv shows, sports, ect..). If you were a gamer and only had a playstation you would not want to look at a page on IGN that is cover with stories and news about games(topics) you cared nothing about, and it would only waste your time!

Same for digg, you can customize what topics you wanted to see on your home page, for example I care nothing about sports. That is a news site and this is a forum so it is not a perfect analogy but I think you get the idea.

A closer to home example for me is our technical forum about Turbo/ 335 engine talk. I almost care nothing about it. So I avoid that topic and don't want it crowding up the general with every other thread about Turbo tuners and procede. All those threads belong in this forum, and have a place, a place that not everyone looks at.

I really don't want to come off as aggressive and you are entitled to your opinion, but it is not your forum. This is the first time i really have ever heard a problem like this.

P.S I don't know what everyone else does, but I subscribe to the RSS feeds, or just hit the new posts icon at the top and I never take noticed to what threads are where!
Appreciate 0