Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
i can't understand why someone would pay that much over market for a BMW either but cars like the Ferrari F430 which people get on a wait list for YEARS then i can understand why a mark up option should be allowed.
I know people are on wait lists for years. They put money down to get on the wait list. That spot should give you the right to buy the car at MSRP when your turn comes up. These days your turn can come up quicker if you add on some cash, which of course nobody else on the list needs to know

Look, I can really see both sides of the issue. Dealers need to make money and if buyers will pay why not. But keep it ethical, which many dealers do not.

Years ago I put a deposit on an in-stock car that was hard to find and while outside financing was arranged over the next two days the dealer sold the exact car to someone else. I was pissed and they explained it away as a mistake and offered me a small discount if I ordered another car with identical options. As I was headed out the door the original car I "bought" pulls up. The buyer and I get to talking and I find out he was desperate to get the car right away and offered the dealer an extra $5k. This crap goes on every day and it's why I think MSRP should be the max price.