United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Yeah , maybe but until now I prefer AWD for track cause I can take off the traction control and go all out as opposite to my M3 that I need to be carefull on the trhottle even with the traction on if I don't want it to cut the engine , but that can only be me and my medium tracking skills ! But anyway I prefer to have 1 car that does everything good instead of a cheaper track car and a cheaper road car , maybe one day if I'm rich I'll have a GT3 RS for the track and a 911TT for daily but until then I lovvvvve my M3 !
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm at the point in my life where 1 car that does it all is best for me. The M3 is perfect for it.

I find the M3 extremely forgiving with traction control off. I've only done 6 track days in my life so far and ran my last event at Laguna with it completely off. I always felt in complete control. RWD cars are are just so much fun at the track and there's a huge sense of accomplishment (at least at my skill level) when you are controlling the car yourself. I felt the same as you with AWD when I drove in MDM. I was pushing the car past the limits of the car's grip because I knew the system would keep it in check. It just wasn't helping me become a better driver. I'd be doing the same with AWD.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0