View Single Post
      12-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I was always under the impression that BMW M's game was in naturally aspirated cars. )
I was referring to Motor Sport in general. The Germans are quickly jumping on the FI band wagon because of the obvious benefits. I suspect you have heard the rumors of a turbocharged V8 for the upcoming 5 series and probable FI for the M5. Richter has already hinted of F1. What other choice does the M Division have other than to copy the LS7 engine or upcoming ZR1 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Something I've been wondering lately though is how it would feel to be living with a GT-R instead of a M. Obviously the GT-R would carry more street credit with the tuner crowd. I think that could possibly make me paranoid about my car though. Like every time I would want to go out for a spin I'd have to worry about some bullock trying to prove himself against me. (There would be enough of this in the M3 granted but I feel the GT-R would have it much worse.)
Street cred is not my gig, but to each his own. A touch to the throttle would prove it very quickly. The big advantage of the GT-R to the M3 is obvious. Gobs and gobs of torque. Much better power with maybe slightly better mileage. All wheel drive for all seasons. And maybe most importantly, the cars resale value will be a lot better. This car is going to go down as one of the all time greats, independent of it's incredible price/performance ratio.
Appreciate 0