12-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #12
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
two days of continuous rain, I have not taken the M3 out. I'll try to play more with the split screen options but as far as I can tell some of the emitting stations I am tuned to broadcast rds and it's still not permanently visible OUTSIDE the radio menu.

Gatineau.. ahhh that belongs to the part of Canada that was stolen by the English from the French in the XVIII century while they were too busy in central Europe warring the Prussians. They never got it back but the French street names remains as seen in your idrive. Here is an interesting anecdote I read about that time of history. Some of the ministers in England at the time considered giving the french colonies they took back to France because having a french colony up north from their north east american colonies could dissuade the american settlers from the idea of breaking their ties with the mother land. But England did not follow suit to that idea mainly because the leading foreign minister of the time a named Pitt was obstinate trying to humiliate the French. Later he was fired from the British government for trying to pull the same attitude on Spain and met fierce opposition in England. But the French Canadian colonies remained with England. Ironically the Americans did revolt against the mother country. It's all history.
Good to know.
Appreciate 0