View Single Post
      07-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #91
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunball View Post
Ok, I'll say you are an idiot as well. It is very apparant that you do not have a grasp of the automotive industry. You have been reading some magazines and spent some time in Wiki and seem to act like you know what "soul" is from a car. If you are such a "soul" searching purist, did you just discover BMW from E92? Try driving a E36 M or an E30, that is what "soul" is. I guess you don't know what "over built" means either huh? You must be one of those people who talk a lot but don't have anything to back it up. Stop reading those magazines and open your eyes.

Engineering, technology and ingenuity is public domain; it is not proprietary to any specific make of vehicles. It is what the manufacturer chooses to make. Do you think BMW engineers are locked up in some secret basement?

How can anyone be so naive to think that other auto makers do not know how to make the same thing. Do you know how easy that is to do??? Do you know what reverse engineering is, and that every company does it, and that they choose what to copy and what not to based on economic sense. You said you are well aware of market and economics; this is just basic son.

You have nothing to say but that I am on some pre-determined course and resort to calling me names. Every car maker is capable of building a supercar, and the sooner you accept that fact, the sooner you stop looking like a dumbass.

Call me a fanboy, I don't care, I am, but I know facts from opinion. I've personally worked with engineers from Toyota, BMW, D-C, as well as other trade vehicles to know what I am talking about. I'm not wrapped up in anything, just telling the facts. I welcome you to present some facts to support your idiotic claims.
Yeah..you're right...every automaker knows how to do everything and everything is really easy to do, but they just don't do it....

For that reason, I'm sure Lexus or Infinity want to be better than BMW, driving and performance wise, but they just don't do it....

Dude, if they knew how to do it, they would have done it already. Or maybe they have some special secret why they want to be #2 or #3 all the time.

Does that make sense to you?

And stop with the name calling! If you can't express your opinion without calling people names, don't post.