View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Exclamation Vishnu Procede/PWM Meth Product Release

UPDATE: M3 section of the website is now active and ready to take orders: http://www.procedetuning.com/styled/index.html

We are always looking for local test cars. For now, all local testers get free installation and a nice lunch at Chipotle

Hi guys,
We're very happy to announce that we have finalized our Procede and PWM Methanol implementation for the e9x M3. We are very satisfied with the results we've seen over the past few months during beta testing. During this period, we have tested the system on 5 different cars (both 6MT and 7DCT) in a variety of operating conditions (hot & cold, high altitude & sea level). It's been tested in racing conditions at Buttonwillow Raceway as well as daily driving routines to and from Starbucks. It's been run in mildly modified cars as well as in higher power supercharged applications. Based upon our very popular BMW N54 Procede/PWM Meth system, we have adapted it to work specifically on the S65.

Engine view:

Another engine view:

Nozzles mounted in filter:

Nozzles from inside filter:

Procede Engine Control Computer (3 plug and play patches looms. The other connectors mate to the pre-assembled methanol harness):

DME compartment with Procede installed:

Testing at Buttonwillow Raceway:

At this time, we have two power-adding "stages" for the S65:

1) PROcede Engine Control Computer
This is an auxiliary computer that literally plugs into your existing DME wiring harness. This device comes pre-programmed and takes 10 minutes to fully install. With it, you can datalog a number of useful channels, read/clear DME fault codes, reset Airbag and TPMS faults and suppress SES lights caused by running aftermarket catalysts or test pipes. At the touch of a button, it can also temporarily highjack your oil temp and fuel level gauges to display useful real-time tuning info (Calculated airflow, Ignition Advance, Air/Fuel Ratio and Inlet Air Temp). The Procede can also be custom tuned if you want to deviate from the supplied tune settings. This is done by connecting a laptop (via supplied USB cable) and adjusting map values through the Procede User Software (free download).

The standard tune settings will work very well and have been developed over many months and thousands of miles of testing. We expect 99% of our users to use the appropriate supplied map. But those 1% who have tuning experience and access to a dyno can certainly benefit from additional custom tuning since no two cars/conditions are alike. And unlike flash tunes, the Procede does not alter the DME code in any way and is 100% diagnostically invisible.

We have several available maps that we can pre-load into the PROcede. Just tell us what your modifications are and what you are looking for.

2) Vishnu PWM Methanol System
This FULLY INTEGRATED methanol system has no peers. It is fully controlled by the PROcede, not NOT an independent controller. Which means the the same computer that controls your engine also controls the Methanol Injection metering. As such, it operates in feed-forward configuration which yields perfectly safe and consistent results. The PROcede Engine Control Computer drives the injection solenoid and measures actual methanol flow. It is only when the internally calculated flow target is reached that the Procede makes the tune more aggressive by advancing timing and adjusting AFR. Which means that any unexpected stoppage of flow results in an immediate corresponding change in engine mapping.

Methanol is sprayed into the air filter using two custom-made 1.0mm nozzles. At 100%DC, the system is rated at 750-800cc/min. This finely atomized spray drops intake temperatures considerably and raises knock resistance well beyond that of what you would get when running straight 100+ octane race fuel. With no other changes in mapping, this intake temp drop and octane bump is worth up to 10whp and near perfect run-to-run consistency. Coupled with a PROcede-induced ignition advance bump, another 5-10whp can be realized in a naturally aspirated application. In a supercharged application, the gains are far more significant. And not only does PWM Methanol improve power and drivability, it also provides a much higher margin of safety against detonation and heat-soak. This means your engine will perform as consistently and smoothly on a hot summer day as it does on a cold winter night.

And unlike other methanol injection systems, the Vishnu PWM Meth system is absolutely transparent. The only hint of operation, other than the obvious bump in power, are the in-dash methanol flow indicators (the signal indicators illuminate when the meth flow target has been reached). The Procede meters methanol spray as a function of airflow, throttle blade position, intake air temp, engine speed and air/fuel ratio. Which means that it allows sprays the right amount of methanol regardless of operating condition. No bogs. No hiccups. Nothing to suggest the presence of any auxiliary injection.

The motorsport-grade injection valve, flow sensor and compression fittings are custom-built for Vishnu by Aquamist UK. The 1.3GPH methanol pump is also built to our specifications to ensure a constant 180psi line pressure. The fast acting injection valve meters injection from 15% to 100% DC, providing a very wide operational dynamic range (unlike conventional variable speed pump based meth kits from Coolingmist, DO, Snow, etc,.). This is very well suited for the high revving S65 engine. The nickel plated flow tube utilizes a hall effects sensor to measure turbine RPM. This raw digital signal is processed by the PROcede. The methanol mixture is stored in the factory 1 gallon windshield washer fluid bottle. No washer bottle drilling is required.

Customer Dyno Results
[Click on link to view entire thread]

7DCT with high flow cats and exhaust. Tested on the Dynojet at EAS.
Stock vs. PROcede vs. PROcede+PWM Meth:

+19WHP @ 6900RPM (PROcede)
+40WHP @ 7400RPM (PROcede+PWM Meth)

6MT fully catless with exhaust and x-pipe. Tested on Dynojet at DNR Performance.
Stock vs. PROcede vs. PROcede+PWM Meth:

+24WHP @ 6900RPM (PROcede)
+30WHP @ 8100RPM (PROcede+PWM Meth)

6MT fully catless with G-Power Supercharger running ~5psi of boost. Tested on Dynojet at DNR Performance.
Standard G-Power Tune vs. Adding PROcede+PWM Meth:

+56WHP @ 8300RPM (PROcede+PWM Meth)

FAQ:

How hard is it to install the PROcede? The PWM Meth kit?
Any novice can install the PROcede or PWM Meth kit. The PROcede alone takes 10-15 minutes to install and only requires a 8mm ratchet. The PWM Meth kit will take a novice 1-2 hours to install. Both can be uninstalled as quickly/easily when/if needed.

If I already have a flash tune, do I need to flash my DME back to stock?
The Procede alone will perform as well, or better, than a properly tuned DME flash tune. As such, there is no need to retain your previous flash tune when installing a PROcede. However, if your flash tune is properly calibrated, you can simply install the PROcede "on top" of it. We do not recommend using the PROcede to fix a problem with your underlying tune.

If I run exclusively on 100oct, will I see power gains from PROcede/PWM Meth combo?
Yes. While running 100oct race fuel will render the octane bump afforded by methanol redundant, it does not offer charge cooling effects. The reduction of inlet air temps will provide a healthy power pump on its own. However, running race gas is completely unnecessary (and a waste of money) when equipped with a PWM meth kit.

Will the PROcede alone provide the same gains as a DME flash?
The PROcede will provide similar, or better, gains that a DME flash tune. Even with a standard "off-the-shelf" map. And through optional custom-tuning, even more power can be realized.

Does it cost anything to get new/additional map files?
No. Additional maps and software updates are completely free.

Low long will a full tank last before I need a refill?
Methanol consumption will depending on how the car is driven. Since methanol is only metered under moderate to full load, casual driving will not consume any methanol. Normal semi-aggressive street driving may consume a tank of meth every two fuel fill-ups. Very aggressive street driving may consume a tank of meth every fuel fill-up.

How much does it cost to fill the meth tank up?
Most race fuel stores will sell methanol for just $3/gallon.

Do I run pure methanol or do I mix it with water?
We recommend running a 70/30 mix of methanol/distilled water. A 50/50 mixture can be used but it will not result in maximum power gains.

When the methanol bottle runs dry, what do I need to do with respect to the tune?
Absolutely nothing. The Procede will automatically adjust mapping when methanol runs dry. It will not run the aggressive timing/fuel settings. There is no need to change maps/settings.

How do I know when the methanol bottle is running low?
You will see a low windshield washer fluid alert on your dash. And even then, you will still have a good amount of methanol left over.

Can i turn off the methanol system and/or PROcede tune when I don't when them active?
Yes. By using the cruise control stalk, you can toggle through different modes to disable the PWM Meth system and/or PROcede. You can do this while you are driving.

How do I read/clear diagnostic codes?
All diagnostic functions can be executed through the Vishnu Command Center which users can easily navigate through using the cruise control stalk.

How do I "hijack" the factory fuel level and oil temp gauges to display useful tuning data (airflow, AFR, Ign Advance, IAT)?
The user can toggle through different display options by double-clicking on the hazard button. Or by selecting defaults display modes through the Vishnu Command Center.

How do I install the methanol nozzles into my air filter (stock or aftermarket)?
Simply drill a hole in the top off your air filter and push in the supplied threaded nozzles. For a reasonable cost, we can also supply a factory-replacement air filter, pre-drilled with the nozzles already installed.

And here are some screenshots of the FREE user tuning software that can be downloaded from the website. This software is used to load files, change mapping values, datalog, update firmware, etc,.

Feel free to ask any other product-related questions if they have not been answered above

The E9x M3 section on our website (Procedetuning.com) will go live on Wednesday (Jan 18th). We will have more info there as well as on-line ordering links. We can also be reached at sales@vishnutuning.com or by calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 584-7531.

Best Regards,
Shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 01-24-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0