02-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiTed View Post
I was delayed twice. Week 50 confirmed production bumped back to week 1, then bumped back again to week 4. The car is done awaiting a ship. I probably wont see it until mid/end of march. I ordered at the beginning of November. I am beyond fucking pissed off. I sold my car already and am sitting here with nothing to drive. The reason I passed on an S4 was I didnt want to wait 4-5 months. Of course BMW has no explanation whatsoever. Seriously hating this car before it even shows up.
It's too bad you're seeing a delay. It's worth it though. I own an Audi RS 4 at the moment and I'm heading off to trade it in for an M3 that I stumbled upon this week at a local dealer. It just so happened to be equipped with identical features in the identical color options I would have ordered so with no wait time for me, I get to pick mine up today.

I've driven both and by far, the M3 Chassis design is superior. Ride is equal on both - Audi did a nice job tuning the suspension for a smooth, luxurious ride but with a sporty feel to it. Handling though, is another story. The Audi's front end is heavy and it feels that way. Steering control is noticeably variable meaning that at slow speeds, steering effort is very easy - almost too easy and lacks a sporty feel. Steering at higher speeds tightens up which is expected and that's when you notice the handling in turns to be improved.

Acceleration off a stop is MUCH better with the M3 DCT than the Audi 6MT. The M3 with the 6MT is nearly identical in acceleration on a straight line.

To the OP and LimiTed...

Take a deep breath, meditate, think about Cheerios or something completely unrelated to cars and the time will go by a little faster (as long as friends and family don't keep asking you if you're on the countdown!). I've been waiting a week since I found the car and test drove it, to go back and pick it up and it's been the longest week of my life so I know what you're going through.

It will be worth the wait!

Good luck with the delivery!

Appreciate 0