07-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbo187 View Post
Yes, but they also go to court for you and fight your case. You don't need to show up.

Funny thing is, I really wanted to try to fight my own ticket (previous ticket) so I showed up to court and the cop showed up too. I figured I'd stick it out and see if he was prepared. He was.

Sounds like it worked for you and commend you giving a shout out.

For anyone who wants to pay to avoid the hassle, I totally understand. And, there are certain circumstances where these guys hopefully have the knowledge and experience to do a better job than you could do yourself.

However, for the bulk of these issues, the battle is won or lost simply upon whether the LEO shows up. If the LEO does NOT appear, you win. If the LEO shows up, you (in most instances) lose. If the LEO shows up, he/she will be prepared to argue the basis for the ticket.

The worst that can happen to you is already done... this happened when you were cited. Assuming you conduct yourself appropriately and with respect for the system, the situation is not going to get worse if you go to Court.
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0