View Single Post
      09-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Modena NYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

back to back, 2013 coupe vs 2008 sedan

So my father ordered one of the last coupes made as per my recommendation.

I have been driving my 2008 (completely stock) E90 m3 for a little over 3 years and only have 30k miles still on my car.

His car finally had enough miles for a proper flogging and here are my thoughtsÑ

1) Tranny, they are both 6spd (the only tranny IMO but that is another topic) and his is MUCH smoother. Not just 1-2, but the whole H pattern seems like syncros are different...surprised you don't hear more about this

2) Power, his car is stronger than mine. i THOUGHT i had the dealer update me to 240 software...but they must not have. His car is more eager to rev, feels stronger part throttle and just plainly feels angrier...my wife agrees and she is just the passenger. The 2013 coupe from a start is just nasty and revs quicker than my sedan...I WANT MY SEDAN LIKE THIS

3) Intake noise...his is a little more angry again...this must be the diff between the earlier cars charcoal filter and the later freer flowing one. YES i can hear and feel the diff between the two. I guess an AA green filter would solve my problem.

4) THis is minor but the leather on the steering wheel feels upgraded vs mine

5) His car starts/pulses with vigor...my car takes a little longer these days. Maybe i should get a new battery.

So overall...VERY nice. So nice i started searching for leftover coupes for sale across the country. But the 25-30k premium over what my sedans probably worth does;t make sense.

So how do i get my car more like his...
Appreciate 0