View Single Post
      10-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyP View Post
That may be the only solution but I fear it will be a couple of rounds of them saying they fixed it after jiggling it a little and spraying some silicon spray in there but not really fixing anything at all, then on the next visit dissassembling the whole dash and introducing a new rattle somewhere else, then finally replacing the cupholder with a new one only with the problem to come back in 3 months. I've been there before and it is a good way to spend a bunch of visits to the dealer to end up in essentially the same (or worse) place.

I was just hoping for maybe a simpler DIY solution that has been tried and tested by this community of owners who really care about their cars. But if this is not a common issue, I will indeed brave the dealership and hope for the best.

So you'd rather waste time in a forum when you could've went to the dealer and at least let them look at it. Everything you say about the dealer is speculation at best as you haven't even let them look at it. Problem could've been solved by now. No offense, but I really don't get these posts. It's a new car; let the dealer deal with the prob, that's what you're paying for.
Appreciate 0