12-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #98
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
Installed last weekend, could not be happier.

5000K to me is perfect, nice balanced white color.

I marked the "top" of the ribs with a black sharpie to aid in alignment. Otherwise it was a case of wriggling my hands in to the enclosure and rotating slightly to install.

Great product.
Sounds like install went smoothly for you. Would love to see some pics if you have them. I took mine with an DSLR and have no bluish hue. Compared with a friend's 328i. It was very difficult to tell them apart. I wouldn't have minded a bluish tint either. If that makes me "ricey", so be it. I'm Asian anyway. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjesco View Post
I only got the chance to install the WeissLicht Amber LED stealth turn signals to get rid of the ugly egg yolk look. I will try to post a picture of the headlight unit which no longer has the egg yolk look. I will say that I definitely had more room to work after removing the two front tires to access the panel right behind the headlight unit under the wheel housing. However, the cap which attaches to the OEM bulb and the new stealth bulb did not fasten completely after installing the new bulb

I gave up and tried to make sure it was as fasten as much as possible and made sure the turn signal worked. Unfortunately, it looks like i will have to mess with it again the next couple of days because I just got a turn sign malfunction error as I got home from work today and I am assuming its because the bulb and cap are not 100% fasten in place

So much for the advertise easy install/plug and play. Will see, I am trying not to apply too much force and potentially break the prongs like some folks have mentioned on here.

In terms of the angel eyes it sounds like you got the 5000K like i did. I ordered them exactly because I didn't want the blue hue that the 6500K claim to have. I am extremely happy with the all white 5000K. I also don't understand why they would be called "ricey" either.

I hope to install the LED license plate bulb upgrade soon. I have been really busy at work leading up to a good holiday break coming up next week.
Man, sounds like it's a lot of work. I can see why you have to take your time. No hurry on the pics. It's definitely a PITA to install but as long as I don't have to take it to shop, I'm okay with that. I thought the license plate bulb was LED but I guess not. I really like that look on the Lexus IS's. Just looks clean. Well, good luck with clearing the error message and the last install.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0