07-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
You guys are a little ridiculous. $2500 is a good price if you consider that the high end exhaust systems from tuners like Amuse are over $10,000 US (which IS ridiculous). $2500 is in line with what I would expect for a duel exhaust system for a high end sports car. The E36 M3 system which requires about half the materials and probably about half the time to make is priced as it should and I believe the same can be said for the new M3 systems we are seeing. When it comes to these kinds of tuner parts, you get what you pay for. Dont forget that a lot of what you are paying for is the R&D that went into developing these exhaust systems so they sound great and work great with these new M3's, I am talking about qaulity. Probably only about 10% of new M3 owners are even planning on modding their M3's which makes for a small amount of potential customers (keep in mind not everyone is going to go to the same tuner). Very different than a Hona Civic or Acura Integra where there is a huge tuner scene and many potential customers. Supply versus demand also plays a roll. If anything we should be more willing to support the better/quality tuners for the M3 in hopes of getting more and more aftermarket support for the M3.

Jason

Jason
So explain this to me: I have had two e46 M3's prior to my e92. In 2005 I purchased a brand new Eisenmann Race muffler from an authorized dealer for $1475 shipped to my door. In 2006 I bought a Supersprint lightweight race muffler for $1600 shipped to my door. I'm sorry, but there is not a $1000 difference in the raw materials and design process between the e46 and e92 muffler. Also, prior to my e92 I had a 997 C2S and mufflers for that car from the best companies such as AWE, Fabspeed, etc are $1600 with some badass tips...
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0