United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

I still fail to concede that the iPad is what it should be. I think Apple could have done much better with this device, but then again, I don't think I'm the demographic they were aiming for with this release. Hence why I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
That's the thing. It's NOT a laptop replacement. In fact, you can't even turn it on and use the device without connecting it to a computer first. No, not everyone NEEDS one. In fact, I'm sure nobody needs this device. But that's not the point. It really excels at content consumption. I love reading on the device. Browsing websites and going through my RSS feeds on the iPad is so much better than doing so on a laptop, desktop, or mobile device.

It's much more portable than a netbook. Thin, light, doesn't benefit from being on a desk, and the battery life is unbelievable. It's really the device between a laptop and smartphone. Whether you need that in-between device depends on how you use computers daily.

One thing it it's really great for is drawing/sketching. I have a Cintiq, and I'd rather use the iPad for casual drawing. Being able to take it anywhere makes it a perfect digital sketchbook.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0