11-26-2005, 03:57 PM   #9
spitfire6000
NJ NYC BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Monaco/Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3
The answer to more torque from MB is called forced induction. The answer to how they produce such vehicles is maybe found in the fact the Mercedes are MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than BMWs.

I think its hilarious that you think MB's outperform BMWs when everybody who wants a great performance car looks to BMW and Porsche long before the old man's Benz. Case in point, the E46 M3 easily matched the C-class AMG models and it definately outperfomed the same models when it came to the track.

And if you are so bright, why don't you explain to me why JD Power indicated that MB is well below industry average in 3-year reliability and why they were shown to be 14th from the bottom in the same category? Meanwhile, BMW was tied with Honda and Acura in this category and well above industry average.

In any case, there is more to cars than perfomance... BMW just has a fire to it that only Porsche and Ferrari can match. It shows in the demographics... the average age of BMW owners is 44.... the average age of Porsche owners is 42... the average age of MB owners is 57... and the average of BUICK owners is 58. I guess you might as well go and feather the throttle in your MB on the way to 4:00pm early bird special dinners.

Why don't you go smoke some more drugs.
hmm maybe i should have posted this thread on the 6 or 5 series forums rather than the 3 series. I am talking about the more upscale benzes...not the C class.

It does not appear to me that you guys have ever driven or owned any of the mb cars im talking about and are not used to the kind of calibur of car that im talking about. I drive a e90 just like all of u guys, but several of my family members who are actually in their 30s do own CLs and SLs.

Now lets get down to your post...you said that mbs are much more expensive than BMW, which is complete bullsh!t. An S class costs as much as a 7 series and a E55 costs as much as an M5.

And whats this you say about old mans benz? I am under 25 and believe me noone i have ever met thinks an E55 is an old mans car. If anything mercedes is one of the most respectable and prestigious car makers in the world. They have far better reliability than porsche. Whats these JD power numbers youre throwing out? They are completely meaningless. My rents had leased a 2003 E class and throughout the entire lease did not have a single rattle or problem with the car. Thats more than i can say about their X5 which has tons of rattles around the car and even my new E90 already has rattles in the back. That being said...why all this talk about reliability? Obviously if you are going to get yourself a car thats over 60,000 you have money in your pocket.

Yes the M3 outperforms the C class amg models...only problem is that a C class is a sedan. If you are looking for m3 comparison look at the CLK...which has over 80 more horses and over 100 more torque than the m3.

Whats with your idea that mercedes is for old people? maybe lexus yea....but benz? thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. Maybe you think that because youre not used to seeing young people with money. Hell...a 19 year old girl that lives around the block from me drives a CLS500.

Yes you are right bmws have their own style and "fire" which is why i am a bmw owner. Only problem is....this thread has nothing to do with any of that so i have no clue why you are trying sooo hard to defend bmw.

BTW: wats with all this flaming and talk of drugs? i was under the impression that this was a mature board community.
Appreciate 0