05-22-2009, 03:26 AM   #12
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
They were so consumed with fixing the USB issue that they didn't configure my BMW Assist, so now it looks like I'll be headed back again for that service. Wonderful.

/rant

@E90M3CDFR, I ended up paying, but KLS processed a refund check for me (I'm waiting for it in the mail). I can't thank you enough for putting me in touch with her. She should be BMW NA's new president.
Glad that she could help, I agree she should be promoted to the top...

BMW have a huge disconnect with their dealers on these high-tech systems (Audi is the same from my personal experience). If BMW put a couple of their HQS techs on some of these boards, they would learn a lot about the issues that seem to trip up the dealers. Certainly the existing comms they have between dealers and BMW HQS don't seem to function very well.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes with the BMW Assist activation at the dealer as well , since I'll probably be going through that routine in a couple of years. After they activate the BMW Assist, could you check out the service menu and see if any of the info changed? Also, did they load the latest U.S. maps on your car?
Appreciate 0