View Single Post
      03-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #1184
nyc3
Registered
Rep
Drives: Top Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
You are absolutely correct, it is a binding contract in eBay land !

As far as I'm concerned, mistakes happen and the contract was not ratified by the dealer for final approval. They called and said they made a mistake.

They can't sell it for $60,000 and he doesn't want to buy it for MSRP, they should get to a mutually agreeable compromise.

If Doome keyed in $80,000 instead of $60,000 the dealer would not have done anything !

The dealer should give the car away for cost, deliver it to CA, waive the doc fee and offer all after sale products (warranty, tire protection ect..) at cost as well. I think this is fair!

Anthony Rush
you say ebay land like its not real, its very real thousands of courts cases a year are based on "ebay land" transactions with their legally binding contracts in the US court system. And as for putting in 80,000 how do you know he didn't? If he did and no one bid and it ends at 60,000 its the dealers fault for trying to save a few $'s and not putting a reserve.

The problem is shady dealers such as this one who use ebay as a promotional tool to advertise their dealerships, hey look we have a top of the line car for less than msrp and when you go to the dealership they say "oh sorry thats only online" Then you get home and the listing is removed. Plain and simple if you are a lazy ass who don't know how the internet age works don't try to use it to your advantage. Or crap like this will happen.

Btw I have contacted several more media outlets since I last did with updates on this situation, They claim they are looking in to this to make it a pretty big local story. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0