01-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #29
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgothar View Post
Yes because BMW has a history of designing M3 lemons I mean what were they thinking when they built the award winning e9x engine/chassis M3 (Strange to me that the e9x engine & dct is considered somewhat fragile as there was a board member here that back in 08 did the stroker motor AND supercharged the stroker engine in his 08 dct M3!) or the award winning e46 engine/chassis M3 (The e46 bullet proof engine is STILL amazing to me i mean what HPF does with thoes engines is mind-boggling) or the timeless e36 M3?

With that track record I think I'd be ok being the "test subject" for the f-body M3, assuming i can hold out!

Ben sorry to hear about your car and hope you find one you like soon man!

Cheers -
While I agree with your award winning comments, the test subject job isn't about the motor. The primary job duty is to help with all of the electronic gremlins. BMW's are notorious for electronic issues with new releases. If you do some home work and start fact checking with the 2002 E65/66 7 series, you'll soon understand what we are talking about. I know the motors are bullet proof. And I'm not a BMW noob that has heard this somewhere before....I'm 7 cars in the game now since 1999. While I'm hooked on the product, I'm not up for the job of test subject....................Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0