View Single Post
      04-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #13
poopdeckpappy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
I drove an older TT, like 05 I think. But not the faster one. I had no interest in the TTS as it didn't offer a stick and can't hang with a M3.

What excited me is the modibility/AWD and manual tranney of the TTRS. Stuff in a bigger turbo and a few other tweeks and you can push 500hp, ouch.

Option sheet isn't much but a few goodies listed are:

Black 19' rims with red inserts
sport titanium exhaust
Carbon fiber mirrors
Alcantara/leather interior bits

Big question is what kind of seats? i hope we get some version of the euro "recaro" type.
I drove a 01 for eight years and then bought a 02 and drove it till the end of last year. My favorite car ever was a 5000s station wagon, Avant hadn't been invented yet. That 2.5 inline 5 is Audi's best engine. In the same vain as BMW's inline six. My old TT's were 1.8L inline four 225's and with APR's stage one I got 275hp and 275 lbft. I bet with a stage one APR for our TTRS you may get 400hp and who knows what kind of torque. The seats appear great and not as flat as the first generation's. My Audi's wore real well.
Maintenance with the timing belts and water pumps is a must. Quattro eats tires evenly and quickly. Quattro also makes you look brilliant. Get in trouble...point were you like to be, hit the gas and four wheel drift to your desired spot. Gas mileage was great. Car was loud and that was tiring. I could go on but I don't know of anyone who bought the same car back to back. I would still be in it fit my twins. Fortunately, the last and only V8 m happen to be the coupe who fits my kids bill. good luck.
Appreciate 0