View Single Post
      08-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #161
omegaslast
Rep
Drives: 2003 330ci

this post is apparently all facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I kinda find this test funny, Ford builds one qood car and that is it they are suddenly the premier automaker on the planet!

The M3 and Mustang GT are almost never cross shopped. I do respect that the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 is an amazing performer and give credit where credit is due but I for one don't place all my weight on 0-60 and quarter-mile times. You see for me a car is about the total experience...... how it drives, sounds, handles, the fit and finish, the quality of the materials, how it holds up after a few years of use, etc. I doubt you will be seeing M3's piling up on Ford lots in the near future.
Ford builds the most popular and well reviewed truck out there.. the f150. as well as some of the best cars in europe and australia. Durrrr

Top gear named them the best car company in the world. I think ill give them more authority on cars than you

Quote:
You see most people who think a 2011 Mustang is better than an M3 have never driven an M3. As far as the Numbers go the Mustang is better than the M3 in all but one category in this test...... but numbers don't illustrate the driving experience. Is the Mustang convertible a better car than a Rolls Royce Drop Head simply because it performs better in 0-60, quarter-mile, and braking?

A car company has to earn a reputation by building quality products over a long period of time. The Germans have been getting praise and accolades for 25 years now for delivering amazing cars that people loved to own and drive. During the time BMW has been earning the reputation they enjoy today the big three have been building crap,losing market-share, and tarnishing the good reputation they built in the 50's, 60's and 70's to the point of almost folding.

Just because Ford built a great car with the new Mustang GT 5.0, it probably won't make everyone believe every Ford car from here on in will be great...... Ford is going to have to keep this up for a long time to change peoples opinion of their brand. If Ford continues to deliver products like this for the next 5, 10, 20 years then maybe they will enjoy a reputation as a true competitor to the German marques. I guess we will have to wait and see, good job Ford but it takes a lot longer to erase a bad reputation than it takes to get one.
again wtf is this fail. ill tell you what german car companies reputation is unanimously across america: expensive as hell to maintain after the warranty goes out, and youll have to make a LOT of repairs since they arent engineered too well. older VWs, mercedes, audis, bmws all have that reputation. Fords reputation on the other hand is: cheap interiors, not great looking on the outside, but at least you can drive it into the ground for cheap. Might have to make some cheap repairs here and there but your yearly cost is chump change vs a used bimmer.

Quote:
By The Way: One thing a Mustang owner will never get is Exclusivity..... no matter what model or colour mustang you get there are gonna be tens of thousands out their exactly like yours. That may not matter to most people but it matters to me.
Yeah, those ten 3 series i see every day sure screams exclusivity. i dont see M3s much but you said "no matter what color or model" afterall. 3 series is a 3 series. Lets compare apples to apples here.. ive seen maybe 1 2010/2011 GT500, while ive seen 5+ M3s just in the last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I don't see anything defensive in that post do you???? Just stating facts!
If you call those facts then you must think the moon is made of friggin cheese. Please dont impart such wisdom in the future.

Quote:
Do you honestly think a Mustang is an equal car to the M3 in all ways??? If so we can agree to disagree

I don't live in SoCal so I can't comment but I do know I drove from Northern Alberta to Southern Saskatchewan to Chicago to Newfoundland and I am currently in Nova Scotia. I'd say I've seen approximately 12-15 M3's (and that counts 5 days at IND..... it was a slow week I guess) in the whole 1.5 months I have been on Vacation. As for Mustang GT's I have seen in the 100's maybe 1000's. No matter how common an M3 becomes Mustangs will always out number them by a minimum of 20-1 maybe more.
Appreciate 0