View Single Post
      04-01-2012, 02:36 AM   #9
SlamMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90

I just fixed a clicking sound this afternoon after a camber plate install myself. It turned out it was a lose nut and bolt on the top connection of the sway bar link that would click every time it shifted the direction of load. It went away as soon as I tightened the top nut. It was a pain for sure to get a wrench on the back side to hold the bolt while you tighten the nut.

Obviously I can't say your issue is the same but if it is you should be able to recreat and hear the clicking by pushing and rocking the car side to side while it's parked. The easiest place to get leverage and rock it is to open the door and push on the car on the side of the roof/top of the a pillar. Have a friend rock the car while you get down and try to hear where the sound is coming from. You might even be able to get down on the ground and put your hand on the sway bar and feel the clicking. If you can't hear the sound doing this it's probably not the same issue.

Like I said, this may not be the same issue but I wanted to share my experience since I just did this today.

On another note, personally I've had zero issues taking the suspension apart by taking the shock rod nut off and dropping the strut down out of the bearing.

Good luck.