Thread: HRE R40
View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #20
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

You're WAY TOO DEFENSIVE. No where did I attack anyone.
I just want to know why you say this wheel is better than that wheel.
If a person asks about a track wheel in a size that's optimal for track use on this car, I'm going to assume they're going to use them at the track. VOLK has been able to cross the boundary between track wheel and bling wheel, but HRE isn't there yet, IMO. If someone's asking about an R40, they should be asking about it for track use. They have MUCH BETTER LOOKING wheels than the R40, IMO.

So, If I'm looking for a track wheel and want the best bang for the buck, then I'm going APEX or Enkei. If I want the best possible track wheel, I'm going TE37 or TE37SL, since you'd save $1,000. I just don't see where the R40's fall in the picture, unless you're a HUGE HRE fan. But the end, are they going to be that much better than the APEX or Enkei for track use???
If you say yes, in what way will they be better???

Again, I'm not attacking anyone. I just want someone to enlighten me.
You seem to be the one "taking it to heart." I don't care what wheel OP chooses.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0