View Single Post
      07-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Ludey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditM3 View Post
Me too. I'm interested to others feedback as well. I was considering the auto-x school they are holding, but its on the wife's birthday and I don't think that would go over too well.

I have done some track stuff with Skip Barber, but that was in their cars. I'm hesitant about taking my daily driver to track days for the increased wear and tear or the odd off track excursion and though auto-x would be a good compromise.
Oh wow, I was just reading up on that school thing myself. I came to the same conclusion as you regarding the wear and tear.

I did the "driving experience" where you pay to drive the Ferrari a couple weeks ago and I realized that it was a very good compromise as far as getting some track time in. IE - It wasn't all that much wear and tear on the car and the margin of error was very wide compared to going to, say, going to Kershaw and getting it up in the 140+ range where a mistake could be massive. The instructor in the Ferrari was the AutoX Charlotte leader (or whatever) and said to come on out.

On top of that, there just wasn't all that much more "abuse" the car was taking beyond some cornering I already do here and there at opportune times on the street.

If you end up going, PM me and maybe we can meet up and be beginners together
Appreciate 0