07-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #107
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
I was using my wife's old 30gb iPod but got tired of the HD noise thanks to the D->A->D->A conversion as noted previously. I bought a 16 gb Corsair Survivor flash drive (same price after rebate as Voyager, cool metal case!) from Newegg. I still use iTunes to organize everything as I have a ton of music rated, etc. I found a little program called iTunesExport that will export playlists and copy the associated songs to a directory (or flash drive!) of choice. Since I have 30gb of music but only really listen to about 6gb or so of it (4 and 5 star rated) I have it copy only the My Top Rated playlist plus a few custom playlists. I had to go to Amazon and re-purchase some songs given the flash drive won't play protected AAC. It might be placebo effect but I feel the treble sounds are a bit less artificial now with only one conversion instead of 3. No HD noise either. The unexpected bonus was that the flash drive fits much easier into the armrest underside pocket, making that storage space a bit more useful. The car likes to report "Album Artist" rather than Artist in details so had to go edit that in iTunes; now I am trying to clear the car's cache as it still reports several songs that I fixed as "Various Artists" instead of the actual track name.
Thanks for the ideas and info!

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0