View Single Post
      03-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #64
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
I have yet to turn off DSC at the track. It is a security blanket that I've held on to. When I was driving on the Nurburgring, the MDM is not really for me as it is for other drivers and unexpected track condition such as an oil slick. You don't have guys on the side of the track waving a yellow flag at you to make you aware if something is wrong on track. With the Ring on tourist days, you are just hoping you have enough time to react to whatever comes up on the next blind corner. I've had an "Oh Shit" moment every weekend there but I've come out good on the other end. In the States, I've only driven on a track once and that was at VIR last month and felt that I probably should start turning DSC off because I do feel it impeding especially in the slower corners like turn 1,4,5,6 and Oak Tree. So look out if you're going to VIR on May 5-6, because there might be an AW M3 spinning wildly out of control at you.

Or not, I AutoX with DSC off... hehe Here's me tossing a 3700lbs car around as fast as the guys in the S2000s with DSC = off, throttle = Sports Plus, Servotronic = Sport, EDC = Sport in the rain.
Appreciate 0