11-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
Zeddy4Me
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 09, AW E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
M-DCT should be as reliable as the SMG or the VW DSG in the long run... it is after all a manual transmission with electronic controls.

About resale... resale for me is how fast I can sell my car for the price that I want, not a price-only issue. IMO, the iDrive in an M3 is a big selling point at resale, regardless of what you can read in forums. Remember, the iDrive is only part of the Technology Package not the package by itself. So the real issue here is if you really want EDC and the Comfort Access, in the Technology Package.

M3 equipped with M-DCT and the iDrive obviously are the high-value options in used M3 just because of the $5000 combined cost of those two options. But also they are very attractive selling points at resale, so the faster you can get rid of your M3 when is time to sell it because more potential customers are looking for those options. And the best example of that is yourself, as you are in a dilemma right now about which one to get based on those same options.

As you say, M-DCT will give your wife the benefit of an extremely capable and customizable automatic transmission, while it will give you a much capable manual transmission either if you like to track your car or just shift for yourself like a lazy bum. The iDrive simplifies and add a lot of different features in a single big screen, so much less messing around -thus safer driving- with a low-position radio with a small screen that requires looking at it to select what you want to do. And having iDrive makes the interior of the M3 to look much better than a 328i, IMO.

Awesome thank you for the englightment... I'm really leaning towards the 6MT with EVERYTHING!....

No CDV? thats great!!

I just got my wife a new 328 coupe... hahaha, she can drive that around... no messing around with..." Can I drive the M3 today?" lol

Thanks for all your comments... keep em coming
Appreciate 0