02-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #21
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Who do you currently have insurance with?
Amica Mutual. I've already written a few posts about how awesome they are, so here's a copy/paste of one of them:

Take a look at Amica. I'd never heard of them, but they've ranked #1 in customer service on JD Power for the last ~12 years (behind USAA and one other one that wasn't available to the public either), so I asked them for a quote. Not only did they happen to give me the best rate out of 9 other places I contacted, but they proved their customer service reputation when they pursued a shady at-fault party for 7 MONTHS to get me my deductible back (which was actually greater than what they paid on that claim!!). They also cover HPDEs, unlike many other policies these days. They're there when you need them rather than just giving you a low rate to lure you in and then being a pain when you have a claim. I just signed up for renter's insurance with them as well, and I can honestly say that every time I talk with them on the phone it's a pleasure dealing with them. How often can YOU say that about your insurance carrier?

Before adding renter's insurance, I was paying about $80/month for my M3: 26, male, married, no history, defensive driving discount, multi-car discount, always carried high liability limits (100/300/100 before, now 250/500/200), $1K deductible, living in Austin. Haven't checked the new rate after adding renter's.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 02-11-2013 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0