View Single Post
      01-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #10
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Very east DIY especially for 6mt/no iDrive like my car. Pry up the center console trim near the ebrake using a plastic trim tool, then pull up and pop the trim out it's held on with friction clips all along its perimeter, disconnect the black connector for the buttons, yank the shift knob off the shifter and disconnect the shift knob wiring, then disconnect the ashtray power wiring, the buttons are just clipped in, just replace no coding required. IDrive and DCT knob I have no idea what to do to remove.

Sadly my super glue fix didn't hold. Took maybe 10 minutes total to replace.

Good time to do a shift knob while you're in there if you like

Also, the new part will have the dsc pictogram with a car doing a burnout instead of just "DSC OFF". My car is an 08 with DSC OFF originally, and the later cars (I think beginning with LCI) have the pictogram. I think the pictogram looks cool but if you are a stickler for originality you'll want to repair yours or find a used early button or somethig. God help you if that's you. I looked briefly and then snapped out of it
Aww... mine doesn't have the pictogram

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0