View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #62
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Good post..there is alot of fear mongering going on here..and while I am the first to say use OEM parts, for glass it really is the same if you go with a reputable aftermarket glass.

Its like the guy who buys the BMW branded techron from the dealer for $30 when you can get the EXACT same formulation in the techron at Autozone for $10.

This knee jerk reaction of "go OEM or else something bad is going to happen" is valid in some cases, but not here.
typical m3 BMW type banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Rodeo View Post
Disagree. This is a critical safety and structural component of the car; a bottle of cleaner is not. BMW's supply chain is well run; you know you are getting a genuine part and the dealer will use the correct adhesives. There are so many counterfeit products produced today with seemingly high quality but nothing approaching rigorous testing or integrity it is completely worth the $288 or whatever insignificant difference to not have a single bit of worry about whether genuine parts were used.

If my car goes off the track and flips at 100mph, I don't want that to be the time I find out that the dude working out of a van was doing switcheroos with eBay sourced glass to increase his profit margins.

Appreciate 0