View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Has anyone has actually shown an independent dyno sheet showing what their car gained from an NA tune? ESS, BPM, GIAC, DINAN, etc...

Does nobody remember powerchip?!? ...I've been reading all of these wonderful "BPM Tune" reviews and they sound like fake/paid review plants you see on Amazon for a questionable product! Seriously, look at the sentence structure. To me, they seem like they were written by the same guy with questionable grammar!

Are there reliable/independent dyno's some you NA tune guys can share of a before & after? Preferably done on the same day? I drank the GIAC tune cool-aid back when I had my 08, to put it bluntly, the power gains were bullshit and I felt scammed out of $800. I think they screwed with the electronic throttle response more than anything else to make the car seem more jumpy...similar to running with the power button on. I recall that the factory 240E software showed solid #'s that outperformed all the "NA" tunes of the time...until the 240E software "was in turn tuned".

Someone do a before & after dyno and debunk or prove the NA tune myth ...strap the car down to an independent dyno, get a baseline run, flash...and see the results. Or post up the results if they are already out there. all the "tunes" when it was introduced. Yes, I get that it's nice to remove the cold start but that's not a "tune".

-bubu
My first thought was the same, but I do think these reviews are legitimate. I get what you are saying though - I would actually believe the raves more if I saw a few "meh" reviews. It's hard to believe there is not a single unhappy customer or even a blasé one out there.
Appreciate 0