04-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #124
jin.patrick
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
I agree...love the ATAK muffler. Its $1200 more...

Dave
This is a review I wrote on Borla ATAK exhaust if anyone is interested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I can say is, I love this exhaust.
It's been about 4 months since I had it on, and WOW, I love the sound.

1 - DRONE) It is advertised "drone-free". And honestly, 90% of this statement is true. On the highway, it has a very slight drone, but really, NOTHING compared to some other exhausts out there.

2 - LOUDNESS) I am solely comparing to my friend's Meisterschaft GT or GT2 (can't remember exactly) on his E92 M3. As most of you know, Meisterschaft exhausts are LOUD AS HELL. The loudness of Borla ATAK exhaust is pretty damn close.
The difference, I would say, is Meisterschaft has a higher-pitch tone, a bit louder, more exotic sounding. The Borla ATAK has a slightly deeper tone, and more rumble to it (obviously not as much as the C63, but it's still got some bass sound). It's not a crazy ear-drum destroyer, but it is enough to please your and others' ears.

3 - FITMENT) I was disappointed. I expected a near-perfect fitment. My mechanic friend had to heat the hangers to fit & adjust correctly. However, like all the other categories, this could be different depending on the person. I would say I'm pretty picky, but maybe some of you would be okay with it. With a bit of work & bending, it should fit almost perfectly.

Overall, I'm pleased with the purchase. Sound and volume-wise, I am content.
The look, I like it. I would say the tips look pretty stock compared to other exhaust systems. Nothing "too much"
The price, it's on an inexpensive side for a system for M3, so yeah. (personally, I wouldn't pay 4-5k for a cat-back exhaust. At the end of the day, it is just a cat-back)

I hope you guys got some idea and what to expect from this exhaust.
I would recommend it.

Past: 2015 F82 M4 (6MT) Austin Yellow
Past: 2010 E92 M3 (DCT) Silverstone II Metallic
Past: 2008 E90 M3 (6MT) Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Appreciate 0