07-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #16
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxd00d View Post
A warning to all of you without front license plates: Tacoma parking enforcement has been going nuts these last few weeks ticketing parked cars without a front plate. $86. Even if you're properly parked and committed no other infraction. In both metered and 90-minute zones.

As much as I like the looks of the car with no plate, I think I'm going to install the OEM holder. The side-mount tow hook ones are too JDM Boy Racer for my taste. Can't think of any other alternative.
Living in Germany, I tried to get away with no front plate--but the Polizei eventually wore me down. I also hated the look of the tow-hook bracket, so I ended up purchasing from these guys:

http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

The product still requires you to drill, but it's just on the underside of the bumper (the top part of the lower grill covering the oil cooler). If you really want, you could just apply 3M tape (which I bet would hold for nearly forever, even without the screws).

I highly recommend them, mainly for the good customer service. The guy (small-time operation, I believe) accidentally sent me the USA plate bracket size, and he express shipped me the Euro bracket holder free of charge with no hassle. Now I still have the USA plate bracket...which hopefully I never have to use.

EDIT: Just wanted to add the disclaimer that I am in no way affiliated with Skene Design--just repping a good product from a guy who takes care of his customers.
Appreciate 0