10-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #59
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post

I think 750+Crank Horsepower with this type of build, blower, keeping the DCT OEM components, is more than enough, for a few reasons.

1. Keep drivability
2. Can run on 91 pump fuel
3. DCT is holding the power and torque
4. With good tires you can get traction from a 2nd gear roll
5. You will still take most of the cars out there

When you start adding more, points 1-4 will suffer, and I'm not interested in this being a garage queen that I mostly talk about in hypotheticals, I want to drive it as much as possible, turn the key and not worry about anything. You can't make this much power on the stock motor reliably, you just can't, this is the only option and currently the power #'s are actually better than I expected and have seen from any other setup, utilizing these components. I have NO plans to add more and am very happy with the car as is.
good to see your happy with it. sounds like you also have your head on straight and arent just out for numbers but real usablity.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0