01-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #59
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
Are there any issues related to detonation in an NA engine as can be seen in an FI setup with a tune that is maximized for meth?
From the first post:

"This FULLY INTEGRATED methanol system has no peers. It is fully controlled by the PROcede, not NOT an independent controller. Which means the the same computer that controls your engine also controls the Methanol Injection metering. As such, it operates in feed-forward configuration which yields perfectly safe and consistent results. The PROcede Engine Control Computer drives the injection solenoid and measures actual methanol flow. It is only when the internally calculated flow target is reached that the Procede makes the tune more aggressive by advancing timing and adjusting AFR. Which means that any unexpected stoppage of flow results in an immediate corresponding change in engine mapping."

...so if the meth runs out, the map changes. Of course, you could just run the meth with the stock programming also, and you will still gain power by running max stock timing. But, from what Shiv has stated, there is additional timing which can be added in the mid-upper range without detonation. This isn't in the stock map, but is safe to add in per his testing. I'm sure Shiv will correct me if I've misstated anything : )
Appreciate 0