View Single Post
      01-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #414
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
At no point did I mentioned the s/c'ers themselves. My commentary was about the manifolds.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about "an established company". I specifically said

referencing the KITS THEMSELVES, not the companies. Don't try to twist this into something it isn't, nor make me appear as if I'm trying to do the same. I know that Evolve has been around for a bit, and their products are quite tasty. I am also aware that if the market supports the price, there's nothing wrong with asking for what you think your product is worth.

As far as I'm concerned, as I previously stated, there are things about each kit that I like. We all know you have to pay to play. MY opinion (everyone has one) is that I carefully weigh the price point when I'm about to step into the ring. Like opinions, everyone has a varying price points that they're willing to pay. mkPOTO has his, as indicated by his purchase. And I have mine. Nothing wrong with differences, my man. I may decide that I want to play at that point and forgo picking up a MKIV a little longer. Who knows....
Apologies for paraphrasing - please enlighten us as to what you meant by this then. Confused on what you meant by "tried and true" and "long time", if not the history..
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
$2k more than tried and true competitors that have been on the market for a *long* time now is something that *really* has to be considered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I need a datalogger badly to confirm...but from what I've gathered over the years from speaking with a number of the builders of these systems (and I've just now recently come to realize) is that it's not just higher IAT's that result in power loss...it's EGT's, oil and water temps, fuel trims, etc. In fact higher IAT's may have the smallest impact compared with these other variables on the S/C S65.

Outside teh variables noted above, the most important things to consider on the S/C S65 is 1) quality fuel and 2) DA's. One day I'll be doing high 8 to low 9 second 60-130's runs on the VBox in the heat of the SoCal high-elevation deserts and then later that night at 2am back home at sea level I'll be seeing high 6's. The effect on my turbo 911 is far less dramatic, where I'm seeing high 7's on a hot day and low 7's on a cold evening. This variability on the M3 has made me give up on it for straight line racing, as I can't control DA's.

As it relates to S/C M3's, I prefer to air to air (and frankly am extremely impressed with the Evolve system) but it will not differ much as compare to the air to water counterparts as IAT's just aren't that significant of a variable.
I would disagree, the S65 is VERY temperamental, IATs are going to cause retarding, You can see this by running the car on the dyno, with no downtime, and no dyno tricks. The others you mentioned play a part, but IAT is first and the greatest power loss. Try doing 5 runs in under 6 minutes, while logging everything and you will see the losses congruent with IAT rise.

I dont debate quality fuel, but in marketing tactics that could be many things. mixing 93 and race fuel is not quality fuel, its racegas mix. Run the highest pump octane you can find or dont bring it up. your either on pump fuel or race gas. If you want to know what the car is doing, then use the fuel you normally do. If you want to know what you most capable of, use the race fuel. I dont care, nobody does, but you better say it when posting results or its shady and misleading.

As for your M vS 911, you have another variable, and thats cooling. One was designed from the ground up to support long high performance driving with boost, the other was not and is only doing the best it can.

If you want to compare A-A and A-W then please do, because every other platform knows that A-A will combat heat better over a longer time. water is great at dissipating heat, until its hot, then it takes longer to cool than the aluminum. I request, if you want debate that, find some tech articles and start a new thread, we can do it in there.
Appreciate 0