07-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #27
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Gentlemen, good discussion here about the differing power bands.

One thing I would like to point out with the ESS kit is that despite the lower boost in low rpm range, it still produces a lot more torque than stock and throttle response is further heightened. No need to grab a lower gear to pass in traffic ever.

But much more importantly, the ESS powerband actually allows you to use all that power in every gear. It matches the chassis perfectly and with a good set of street tires and maybe some more solid subframe bushings to unitize the subframe and chassis, you can actually out launch nearly every car including all wheel drive cars. I showed this in my vid above where I out launched a couple Audi AWD cars including an R8 v10 which is a low 3-second 0-60 beast.
Thanks for your input.. Did you do the bearing or your still running stock bearings? I'm worried about the motor more than anything otherwise I would have done it years ago.. Boost kicks in at what? 4K?
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD
Appreciate 0