12-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Sorry guys, so-called "BMW insiders" on a car forum are the last people I'd listen to when it comes to what engine will be in the next-generation M3.

NOBODY and I repeat, nobody knows what engine will be in this car. To date, all of this engine talk is pure speculation to keep the forum heads occupied.

I'm pretty sure it won't be a variant of the N55, there will most likely be a new engine in the M3.

Evidence, speculation, insider info, all bullshit until we here the official news from BMW AG themselves.
Do keep in mind the the simulations do not really depend heavily on the engine configuration. It is the power and torque that matter along with the rpms where they peak. This is not debatable...

Anyway do read posts by SCOTT26. By "insider" I literally mean insider, he works for BMW and is authorized to let loose some details now and again on the forum well in advance of any official comminications. The things he has shared in the past have been almost universally right on the money. He has made the claim that the next gen M3 engine will be an N55 variant. See here.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0