01-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #17
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
No, it's a Z06. Everyone in the Corvette camp is piling on excuse after excuse. Yes, the Hellcat is faster...who cares. It's a 4500 lb. land boat. It's also faster than a Ferrari 458 or 911 Turbo and no one's losing sleep over that.

The effect of the Z06's aero was a bit underestimated. The only reason people are shocked is because these characteristics are magnified as speed increases. Chevy did not under-deliver...they said the car will trap 128-129 MPH, and that has held true from actual runs. In time, you'll even see those numbers get better after drivers have more seat-time, conditions improve, one runs at MIR/Etown, etc. The issue most can't grasp is that if a C7Z is to race a car that traps the same or even a little less (i.e. Hellcat) from a roll, it will lose. A 1/4 mile trap-speed does not fully capture 120+ MPH acceleration characteristics. It's the same reason why newbies are shocked when they see a 140 MPH car put busses on a 150 MPH liter-bike.

On top of that, you have the overly conservative ECU pulling timing after a few runs. This is not material however, since most will tune. They're gaining 35-40 RWHP from a tune while still maintaining very safe parameters.

Regardless, not cancelling my delivery, and I was thoroughly impressed by it for the hour or so I've driven one.
Car in vid is a Stage 1 Aero Z06, so it is non Z07 package. That means the ground effects are barely more effective than Stingray Z51, and no where near as high as a Stage 3 Z07 I think you are referencing. Don't think aero can be used as an excuse, especially since the frontal area of the Hellcat is a brick
Appreciate 0