06-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #81
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
Implying i'm illiterate is insulting, hence the "don't be an ass" response. Anyway, so you're saying that just because BMW decided to put a "fake" intake to keep the design symmetric makes it an exception for being called fake. Are you serious about this, you're kidding right. Fake is fake no matter what the purpose is. If the side vents on the ISF is fake but it is there for design purpose, i'm sure you'll still consider it fake. Just like the tips on the ISF which are disconnected to the actual tips of the muffler just like the ones on the R8 and Murci, they're more for asthetics. So there is a purpose, but yet you and most people consider it fake. Quite hypocritical don't you think.
We have had such issues on a plethora of posts/exchanges in the past. It is not that you are illiterate nor did I state that. Quite simply, you either do not read what I write or imagine I have written something I have not. This happens again and again and again.

Furthermore either way your accusation way wrong, I never once said anything about the IS-F side vents, PERIOD. I like the way they look and suspected all along they are functional.

Specifically on the BMW vents call it what you will. I choose not to call it fake, but others (mostly those very insecure about the looks of other vehicles) will want to call it fake. I really do not care. However, if you want to be 100% accurate and correct you can only say 1 out of 2 of them are fake, once you say both are you are simply wrong.
Appreciate 0