View Single Post
      06-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #74
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Ease up with the insults, you just can't help yourself can you?

I NEVER ONCE have mentioned anything about the IS-F side vent being fake, period.

And no I do not consider one of the vents fake. Completely a matter of interpretation. Engine guy at BMW says we must have another intake, body/design guy says I demand the hood to be symmetric. The result is what we have. You can certainly call it fake if you like.
Implying i'm illiterate is insulting, hence the "don't be an ass" response. Anyway, so you're saying that just because BMW decided to put a "fake" intake to keep the design symmetric makes it an exception for being called fake. Are you serious about this, you're kidding right. Fake is fake no matter what the purpose is. If the side vents on the ISF is fake but it is there for design purpose, i'm sure you'll still consider it fake. Just like the tips on the ISF which are disconnected to the actual tips of the muffler just like the ones on the R8 and Murci, they're more for asthetics. So there is a purpose, but yet you and most people consider it fake. Quite hypocritical don't you think.
Appreciate 0