View Single Post
      06-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #73
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I am a bit shocked that swamp finds the fake bits on the IS-F so unappealing but doesn't mind them on the M3, a definite double standards if you ask me.

I personally don't mind anything that is fake as long as it looks right and compliments the appearance. I might add here that I don't like the look of the IS-F but as I haven't seem it in person I can't really comment. I felt the same way about the S5 and fell head over heels when I actually got to see it for the first, maybe the IS-F could be one of those cars.
Swamp likes to think of himself as the paradigm of informed logic, but when he gets to thinking about an M3, he can't help acting like a true believer at a revival meeting. You know. Eyes rolled back in the head, speaking in tongues, a little drool - the complete package.

To my mind, each of these five cars looks *very* good in person. In fact, since spending considerable time looking over the GM and Toyota entrants, I think I like them best, with a tight tie-breaker going to the Cadillac.

Of course, the RS4 is classically handsome, and the Merc isn't nearly as bling in person as it looks to be in pictures. I must admit that the M3 gives me a little pause, though. I think it looks good, but I can't get the prettier 335 coupe out of my mind.

If it were my money, though, I'd be checking the IS-F very closely indeed. One of my sons and I got to checking out a dark metallic red sample recently, and we were both very impressed. This is the military guy with the 997S and 600 HP GTO, so his automotive tastes are pretty much as eclectic as mine - meaning badge be damned.

If I had the money, I'd buy all five. Of course, I'd still be pining away for a Z06, and that medium metallic gray 911 Turbo coupe was to die for, and then there's the...

Sigh.

Bruce
Appreciate 0