View Single Post
      03-29-2008, 03:58 AM   #2109
Ral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '92 Lexus SC300 5-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedlogic View Post
Follow-up question: did Ken and the dealership ever agree on a price? - if so, then the dealer would be entitled to a down payment, and some kind of legal promise to pay within 72 hours (usually some sort of letter from the finance company).

Both questions may have been answered via the format of the sale. Both parties chose to conduct business on an online auction site. At the close of bidding, the agreed-upon cost is listed within the auction, as set forth by the creater of said page. In summary, I opine that the agreement requirement was satisfied, therefore the agreement to sell at $60,000 was granted at the end-of-auction listed price, $60K.
I agree that the auction itself should be considered to be an agreement between both parties on the sale price of the car, but what I'm asking here is more along the lines of "After the dealership stated that the auction was a mistake and that they would not honor the deal at those terms, did they offer another price for the car and did Ken agree to pay that price?"